COVID 19 Update
Balanced By Touch, Suite 3, 7225 N Paseo del Norte
COVID 19 Protocols May 28,2020
- Use of a CDC COVID 19 approved cleaning solution to fog the room between clients. Targeting all surfaces clients may come in contact with.
- Use of Virkon S, CDC COVID 19 approved spray cleaner for surfaces.
- Allow a minimum of one hour between clients for sanitization. Airing out the room.
- Maximum appointment time of 1 hour until further notice.
- Plastic covering for table and face cradle that is sanitized between clients.
- New blanket for each client.
- Empty trash cans each evening.
- Hand sanitizer and tissues available.
- Installed an LED UV/HEPA air cleaner.
- Touchless payment options
- Chip reader, Apple, google pay, PayPal, debit/credit cards
- Prepay morning of appointment via website “Prepay” tab.
- Envelope in suite for check/cash payments
- Future appointments made by phone at the end of the day.
- I change sctrubs between each client.
- I wear a face mask and goggles.
- All soft/fabric surfaces a client may come in contact with that cannot be cleaned daily have been removed.
- Use of an LED UV wand to sanitize any surfaces not treated with fogger or spray cleaner. Ie keyboard, phone, etc.
- Guarantee that I will not come to work with any COVID 19 symptoms.
- Carpets cleaned May 10, 2020
Letter sent to clients each week they have an appointment
Looks like you are on my schedule in the upcoming week. This is a reminder about the current protocols our building and I have adopted. These are not optional, and no exceptions can be made. If you are not able to comply at this time, I understand, and will be ready to see you when circumstances improve, and it is a better fit for you. If you need to cancel this appointment, please let me know ASAP. My goal is to keep everyone, including myself, as safe as possible and COVID 19 free.
· I will be texting/calling you at your appointment time to let you know when I’m ready for you to come into the building.
- No waiting in the lobby, please remain in your call until I text/call you.
- Come in, remove gloves if wearing them, wash your hands, proceed to my therapy room. No gloves can be worn inside the building.
· A mask must be worn at all times within the building. I have an option that will work for when you lie face down. Face up, mask on.
· I will be calling you the day before your appointment to confirm.
· The COVID 19 prescreening form must be completed, signed, and brought to each massage session (or you can email it 24hr in advance). It is available online through my website. www.balancedbytouch.com under the tab “helpful forms”. You may pick up additional copies for future visits at your appointment.
· Follow up appointments will be made by phone at the end of the day. I will be calling you so please have dates and times in mind.
· Payments. You may prepay through my website the morning of your appointment.
· Payments can also be made in office. I now have Apple Pay, and contactless payment options. You may still pay by cash or check; an envelope will be provided.
v I will not be wearing gloves for the massage. CDC recommends only wearing gloves when administering massage to the face or head. So, if you need that work, I will be wearing gloves for that portion.
This has been a lot to get through and has been overwhelming in many, many, ways, on many occasions; professionally and personally.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this together. I think we all want to stay as healthy as possible and will work together towards that end.
Attached is the current COVID 19 prescreening form. Please print it, complete it, and bring it with you for your appointment (now required for each massage appointment). If you don't have access to a printer/computer, let me know and I can have one waiting for you in the lobby.
If you can't find the attachment, you can access a copy through my website under the tab "helpful forms". Website link below.
Be Well, and see you soon!
COVID 19 Prescreening form below, please go to "helpful forms" for an original version
COVID 19 Risk Factor Screening
Due to the infectious nature of COVID-19, this intake form must be completed prior to each massage therapy session. Understand that people with COVID-19 can be asymptomatic and contagious. There is no way to completely protect ourselves from this virus.
Please answer the following truthfully so we can best protect each other.
Symptoms- Please check all that apply
I have, or recently had: (past 7 days)
- fever, cough, sore throat, flue like fatigue
- shortness of breath
- sudden loss of taste or smell
- Nasal or sinus congestion
- Sudden onset of body aches
- New rash or other changes to skin
Risk Factors- Check all that apply
- I am over 65 years old
- I have lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Heart disease that is not well managed, or with complications
- I am Immunocompromised or going through cancer treatment.
- I have diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease.
- I am pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
- I reside with someone with one of the listed risk factors.
- I live in a nursing home/long-term care facility.
- I have travelled out of the State or Country or to locations with high infections rates.
- I have been in a gathering of more than 10 people or been in groups where social distancing was not observed
- If you check any of the first 8 boxes, please consider waiting for massage. If you checked either of the last 2 boxes massage you must wait 14 days from the last date you travelled or socialized. No exceptions.
A checklist of precautions I am performing to disinfect my office between sessions is available at the office.
I guarantee that I will not come to work if I have any COVID-19 symptoms and will reschedule as needed.
- I understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious infection that is potentially fatal to some individuals, especially those with the above risk factors.
- I have not been asked to quarantine by any Health Official.
- I have not been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person in the last 14 days.
- I have had the opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification with my massage therapist and have a clear understanding that both myself and my massage therapist are accepting the potential risks of touch based therapy.
- I will not hold my therapist liable if I acquire COVID-19 as a result of today’s therapy.